Our team is looking to hire a business-to-business (B2B) Account Executive who will originate new business and nurture our existing customer base. She/He will work internally with our Origination and Portfolio Management teams, while building strong external relationships with companies offering retail energy and renewable energy solutions. This role will require the development and execution of sales strategies to deliver commodity and non-commodity products and services to Commercial and Industrial customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Drive new business growth by selling retail and renewable energy procurement solutions to large commercial and industrial customers.
- Build critical mass within agreed timeframes in target regions.
- Originate new business through organized prospecting and networking – fundamental to this will be identifying and developing a database of target accounts, nurturing them as prospects and closing them as customers.
- Establish a network of large commercial and industrial accounts and develop specific sales strategies directed towards maximizing sales goals. o Lead the proposal effort in conjunction with management and colleagues for complex sales opportunities.
- Be a catalyst for new product development.
- Provide input and guidance on the development of new solutions and services.
- Initiate, maintain, and cultivate strategic partnerships to increase sales and widen services offerings.
- Nurture and grow existing customer relationships.
- Be the main point of contact for designated strategic accounts to maximize their potential and profitability.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities to increase growth with customers and prospects.
- Manage personal travel budget, attend conferences, and gather intelligence on market trends, competitor activities, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with direct customers and indirect sales channels.
- Minimum of 3 yrs. experience in direct sales and consultative selling
- Knowledge of retail energy markets, electricity, natural gas, and renewable energy market fundamentals
- Experience with target account selling and solution selling
- Intimate knowledge of the California, ERCOT and PJM electricity and natural gas markets preferred, with an understanding of energy supply agreements, contract language and products
- Knowledge of CRM systems and the sales cycle for electricity, natural gas, and renewable projects
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Ability to:
- quickly identify and qualify sales opportunities to build and maintain a pipeline for new business
- illustrate ROI to C level decision makers, as well as interacting with facilities managers and engineers
- adapt to changes in timelines and sequences
- work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- travel up to 50% of the time (US Only)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time (US Only)
Compensation & Benefits
Pilot Energy employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including competitive pay, medical, dental and vision insurance, life & accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) savings plan with company match, and paid vacation.